July 21, 2010

Summer Sabbath Devotional- Week 2

Summer Sabbath Devotional~ Week 2
Last week’s devotion began with remembering that our God is a God of promises. And this week we check in to see how your summer abiding is going. Are you doing things that restore your mind, body and spirit? Are you really and actually taking time just to rest? Are you listening for what God may be saying to you? Resting is admitting only God can save us. So this week remind yourself to be still. Be still and know. Be still and know only God is God. Be still and know only God can save us and give us all that we need.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)

Jesus says:
"Are you tired? Worn out?
Burned out, [trying so hard to do the right thing]?
Come to me.
Get away with me and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


1. What things (activities, people, hobbies, places) really refresh and restore you?
2. Have you been able to make time to be still, quiet, listening to God this week?
3. Did you hear what God might have been speaking to your heart?
4. What do you think, in your life, the ‘real rest’ Jesus is speaking of would look like?

May we all get away with Jesus this week and learn from Him ‘the unforced rhythms of (His) grace’!
Grace, faith and peace to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment